Italy is a must-visit country. Italy is a country located in Europe along the Mediterranean coast. It has left a great mark on western traditions and cuisine. There are many beautiful cities like Florence and Venice with beautiful architecture and amazing food. There are many ancient ruins and arts located in Italy from the leaning tower of Pisa to the Trevi fountainAnd you can’t forget Rome the most romantic city in Italy. The eternal city holds many ancient must-visit sites like the Colosseum and Pantheon.
Places to visit in Italy
1. Visit the colosseum – the colosseum is the largest amphitheater in the world.
2. Drift through the Vatican canals – I know this is a cliche but you have to drift through the Vatican canals for sure. It is a calming experience to go through the canals in a gondola.
3. Hike the Cinque Terre – You have to hike the Cinque Terre to get beautiful breathtaking views of the city.
4. Visit the leaning tower of Pisa – To get beautiful views of the Arno river you have to visit the leaning tower of Pisa and get on top of the tower. You will have to climb about 300 steps to reach the top of the tower but it’s worth the effort.
Foods you have to try in Italy
1. Spaghetti Carbonara – you have to try spaghetti carbonara in Italy. Spaghetti carbonara is made with spaghetti noodles, egg, parmigiano cheese, bacon and sometimes with a little bit of truffle oil.The truffle oil makes all the difference.
2. Eggplant parmesan – It is one of the most commonly known comfort foods. But the one from Italy is heaven. It is made with eggplant and parmesan cheese.
3. Gnocchi – Italian dumplings made with potato, flour, egg, and sometimes parmesan cheese. Risoelatte is one of the most popular places to get gnocchi.
4. Gelato – When in Rome, you must have gelato every single day. Gelato is a frozen dessert of Italian origin. It is lower in fat than many other frozen desserts. Gelateria La Carraia has the best tasting gelato’s in the world. They have many flavors to choose from.
5. Cannoli – Cannoli are Italian pastries consisting of tube-shaped shells of fried pastry dough, filled with a sweet, creamy filling made with ricotta . The best cannoli in Italy is from La Pignolata Guinness Cannoli . They make the best cannolis in the world.
6. Coffee– If your are in Italy, you should try their coffee. They have one of the most famous coffee’s in the world . If you live and breath for coffee then you have to visit Italy.
These are a few more detailed publications about Italy and its food
2. Travel Guide: Italy (Saveur)