There was once a man who gave a speech ..long speech…
From the audience one man kept showing his watch – the speaker thought he is being reminded that is getting too late – long speech and to stop.
The Speaker promptly apologized and said ‘Sorry I forgot my watch and I extended my speech without realizing the time’
The Audience member answered angrily ‘That’s ok – Atleast you should have looked at the calendar on the wall. you have been speaking for 3 days non stop without no useful subjet matter’. Ha ha
Here are a few tips to deliver a great speech
- Use simple language
- Pick one or two topics not more than that. Not 20 or 30.
- Be clear – you should be clear before you talk
- Think How to start, which points are important or you want to stress upon and how to conclude before you start your speech. People remember last few minutes.
- Don’t exceed 15min
- Truth or true experience – share those
- Connect you and your audience – bond before you start. Get them warmed up. Select 3 people . 1 on Right, 1 on left and 1 on center – people who look genuinely interested in you. Talk to these 3 people
- Don’t read anything from a script.Pointers are ok. Talk from your heart.
- Breathe before you talk. Deep breath in …and out
Now Go forth and Conquer.